Skip to main content

Fermenting

Last year I brought water kefir grains from Belgium. However I failed to make them work properly here in Japan. They became vinegar somehow. Buying new ones didn't work out either. They were sent through mail, but were too bad to use. Still looking for something to give me a source of healthy gut organisms, I am trying Kombucha now. They proof to be a lot more resilient than the water kefir. And also less demanding. Down part are that they are slower  to produce and that they taste (supposed to be) like vinegar. And they look like jellyfish or aliens in a jar with tea. Still I can appreciate them.


Then I found milk kefir powder to make yoghurt at home. Since I don't take milk very well, I am trying with soymilk now. It seems to work... but I would really like to find a more tastier kind of milk to make kefir with.

Comments